August 20, 2006

Life back to normal now

Filed under: Tzfat bombings — Reb Moshe @ 8:37 pm

After many days following the war, life is beginning to turn around quickly to the realm of normalcy. Today Cheder opened for the boys despite bain hazmanim, summer vacation. Peoples frowns are beginning to return to the usual smiles we are used to seeing. Stores are all open and people are greeting one another with a new appreciation. Everyone is asking another how long they stayed during the war and where in the south they visited. I finally got gas in my house so we could use the oven. I think if someone told anyone of the people here that the war would begin again, I think people would cry in pain, so happy are they too return to their normal life. At the same time, as I pass by the little children, I hear them speak about the wonderful experiences they had while away, enjoying the opening arms are their fellow people. As far as money is concerned, little to non has really been handed out by government agencies or charities. Most people recieved at the most, $200 of actual cash to help them througth the finacial burden of the war. I wish I had collected more to give as I believe every family should have at least $1,000 of cash help from the lack of work during the last month. Not to mention all the traveling fees.

6 Comments

1. you know, great-uncle….you would make a good DJ there in Tzfat. you would wow them!!! i wish they had a university near so you could attend classes in broadcasting. be well!!!

Comment by dreidel — August 23, 2006 @ 2:06 am

2. or attend ag classes in pygmy camel farming.

Comment by Dreidel — August 23, 2006 @ 2:41 am

3. everyone is satisfied by how many camels they have, but no-one is good looking enough
    Moshe, there is a jewish talk show on chanel 55 in N.Y. I think it’s on once a week. You should be interveiwed on it.
    who is Bania Chaim? a camel jockey, Or maybe a caravan driver who ran around getting married to torahs in the middle ages.

Comment by Anoch — August 23, 2006 @ 6:12 am

4. i meant Benai Noach. Who is he? – Congradulations on getting gas, it’s definately a blessing to have gas. You can control cooking temperature better with gas and food taste better.and it transfers a more natural healthier energy to your food, instead of microwaves or electric feilds. Your kids should be calmer because of calmer energy in food from flame.

Comment by Anoch — August 23, 2006 @ 6:36 am

5. noachides. non-jews who follow 7 commandemnts and are under the supervision of a Rabbi.

Comment by dreidel — August 23, 2006 @ 10:15 am

6. the great rambam called the bnei noach “chassidim of the nations” and a term derived from his commentary on bnei noach:
    chassidic gentiles.

Comment by dreidel — August 23, 2006 @ 10:23 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.